Pizza is EVERYONE’S favorite meal, right? But when you’re trying to eat fewer carbs and more veggies, pizza can quickly become a snag in your meal plan.
NOT ANY MORE!!
I recently discovered the portabella mushrooms make GREAT personal pan pizzas!
Disclaimer: I HATE mushrooms! Or at least, I used to hate mushrooms. The idea of eating fungus was TOO MUCH for me to handle…for years!! Even now, I’ll eat them cooked and covered but not plain.
Even though I hate mushrooms, I love pizza. Even though I love pizza, my digestive system tends to argue with me when I consume pizza. So when I saw that a friend had made a personal pan pizza using a portabella mushroom, I figured it was at least worth a try. And I’m so glad I tried!
I have also discovered that you can have some variations of this “pizza”. For instance, I found that using salsa instead of pizza sauce and using chicken as a topping is quite delicious!
And in case you’re wondering, my son is not a huge fan, but my husband does enjoy “sampling” some bites each time I make it.
Serving Size: 1 mushroom
Portion Fix Container Count (estimated): 1 Green, plus toppings
– 1 portabella mushroom
– Toppings option: pizza sauce, pepperoni, salsa, chicken, etc
1) Preheat oven to 425*.
2) Wash and de-stem mushroom.
3) Spray the bottom of mushroom with non-stick spray.
4) Place mushroom on pan and fill with sauce or salsa.
5) Add cheese and any additional toppings, such as pizza or chicken.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or until mushroom is soft and toppings are browned.
7) Serve immediately and enjoy!
A fun, veggie heavy, low carb alternative to traditional pizza. Portion Fix Container Count included. 2B Mindset Friendly.
Portion Fix Container count: 1 Green, plus toppings
- 1 portabella mushroom
- Toppings option: pizza sauce, pepperoni, salsa, chicken, etc
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Wash and de-stem mushroom.
- Spray the bottom of mushroom with non-stick spray.
- Place mushroom on pan and fill with sauce or salsa.
- Add cheese and any additional toppings, such as pizza or chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mushroom is soft and toppings are browned.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!